- Defaulting on immunisations/checks;
- Is susceptible to minor health problems;
- Slow in reaching developmental milestones;
- Minor concerns re diet/hygiene/clothing;
- Starting to default on health appointments;
- Continence problems, over/underweight;
- Teenage pregnancy (targeted service).
Education and Learning, e.g.
- Have some identified learning needs that place him/her on Early years/School Action/School Action Plus of the Code of Practice;
- Poor punctuality;
- Pattern of regular school absences;
- Not always engaged in learning, e.g. poor concentration, low motivation and interest;
- Not thought to be reaching his/her educational potential;
- Reduced access to books/toys.
Emotional and Behavioural Development, e.g.
- Some difficulties with peer group relationships and with adults;
- Single episode of self harm (inc substance misuse);
- Some evidence of inappropriate responses and actions;
- Can find managing change difficult;
- Starting to show difficulties expressing empathy.
- Some insecurities around identity expressed, e.g. low self-esteem for learning;
- May experience bullying around "difference".
Family and Social Relationships, e.g.
- Some support from family and friends;
- Has some difficulties sustaining relationships.
Social Presentation, e.g.
- Can be over-friendly or withdrawn with strangers;
- Can be provocative in appearance and behaviour;
- Personal hygiene starting to be a problem.
Self-care Skills, e.g.
- Not always adequate self-care, e.g. poor hygiene;
- Slow to develop age-appropriate self-care skills.
- Parental engagement with services is poor;
- Parent requires advice on parenting issues;
- Professionals are beginning to have some concerns around child's physical needs being met.
- Some exposure to dangerous situations in the home or community;
- Parental stresses starting to affect ability to ensure child's safety.
- Inconsistent responses to child by parent(s);
- able to develop other positive relationships.
- Spends considerable time alone, e.g. watching television;
- Child is not often exposed to new experiences.
Guidance and Boundaries
- Can behave in an anti-social way in the neighbourhood, e.g. petty crime;
- Parent/carer offers inconsistent boundaries.
- Key relationships with family members not always kept up;
- May have different carers;
- Starting to demonstrate difficulties with attachments.
Family History and Functioning
- Parents have some conflicts or difficulties that can involve the children;
- Has experienced loss of significant adult, e.g. through bereavement or separation;
- May be needed to look after younger siblings;
- Parent has physical/mental health difficulties;
- Multiple changes of address.
- Some support from friends and family.
- Adequate/poor housing;
- Family seeking asylum or refugees.
- Periods of unemployment of the wage earning parent(s);
- Parents have limited formal education;
- Parents starting to feel stressed around unemployment or work situation.
Family's Social Integration
- Family may be new to the area;
- Some social exclusion experiences.
- Adequate universal resources but family may have access issues.